Who can claim to understand God? Who among us is able to unravel the mysteries that life presents us? No one; be encouraged to know that you are right where God wants you to be. Do not wish you were somewhere else.
We know from the bible of people who were right where they were supposed to be and those who were not where they were supposed to be and what become of both groups of people. I am supposing that those who were not where they were supposed to be, chose these places because they thought them better, and more comfortable. But that was not God’s best.
An example of a person who was not where he was supposed to be was King David. He was supposed to be in the battle field but instead chose to stay at home. While resting on his balcony he saw Bathsheba bathing, desired her, and committed adultery with her. The evil did not stop there. The adultery led to murder and all this led to horrific tragedies in David’s own family for many years (2 Samuel 11).
In contrast, remember the shepherds who were the first to know about the saviour’s birth? They were where they were supposed to be; tending to their flock.They were accorded the privilege to know of the King of Kings birth not because they ranked highly in society, but because they were obedient and were found where they were supposed to be (Luke 2).
Going through life we question situations that do not make sense to us. We find it hard to understand God when were are going through the valleys of life. Perhaps, you are a mom who feels like taking care of your young ones is not good enough. May be you are working somewhere and you perceive your position not good enough for you. I am here to encourage you that whatever situation you may be facing, you are where God wants you to be. You may not understand God, you are not supposed to. Just trust Him and do your best wherever he has allowed you to be.
8 bible verses for when you don’t understand God
If you are in a place where you don’t understand what God is trying to say to you, here are some verses that may provide you with peace or direction:
- As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the maker of ALL things. Ecclessiastes 11:5
- Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the philosopher of this age? Have not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 1 Corinthians 1:20
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
- For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
- The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord. Proverbs 16:1
And here is how the heroes of faith responded when they did not understand God
6. Though He slay me, I will hope in Him. Nevertheless, I will argue my ways before Him. Job 3:15
7. Shadrack, Meshach, and Abednego replied to the King, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to give you an answer concerning this matter. If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the furnace of blazing fire; and He will deliver us out of your hand, O king. But even if He does not, let it be known to you, O king, that we are not going to serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up. Daniel 3:16-18.
I do not know what furnace you may be going through right now. I don’t know what flood waters God has allowed you to go through, but one thing I do know is that you will come out better and stronger if you choose to trust in God. If you stay positive and believe that the plans God has for you are for your welfare and not your destruction, you will come shining through after the experience.
“Everything will be OK in the end. If it’s not OK then it is not the end.” Anonymous. For related content go here.
It is less than 2 weeks to Christmas, if you are looking for tips on how to decorate for Christmas the easy way go here. However, if you are looking for tools to help reduce the overwhelm during this festive season go here.
DISCLAIMER: This post contains an affiliate link. Should you make a purchase through this link I will be compensated; funds which will help in running this blog.