Pasta is a versatile food that can be eaten in a million ways. Easy Pasta Vegetable Soup is an easy and creative way to incorporate vegetables into meals.
Children will especially benefit because we all know children love pasta but can live without vegetables if they had their way.
For a couple of months now my son has refused to eat vegetables and fruits. The only fruit he drinks is pineapple juice minus all the fiber; he will not eat it whole. He sneers when he sees his dad and I eating fruits.
I have read numerous times about how presenting food in a creative/interesting way can entice even picky eaters. Hence, in my endeavor to ensure that my son has all the nutrition he needs I am prepared to try any recipe that will provide all the nutrients he needs for proper growth and development whilst presenting it in an innovative way.
I enjoy watching food shows; this recipe is borrowed from an Indian Cook Show that my son loves known as Kiddies Treats. I guess it is because aside from being informative it also has captivating music accompanied by a funny looking cartoon. Meet the Kiddies Treats presenter Gurdip Punjj here.
Time to head over to the kitchen.
Ingredients for Easy Pasta Vegetable Soup
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cabbage
- 1 teaspoon dill leaves
- ½ a cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon raw pasta
Process for preparation of Easy Pasta Vegetable Soup
- Add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a pan and sauté ginger and garlic over low heat
- Add onions and sauté until transparent
- Add the carrots, cabbage, and carrots; mix well and sauté but ensure the vegetables do not stick to the pan
- Add vegetable stock and pasta and turn up the heat to get the pasta cooked
- Add dill leaves and salt
Share your thoughts about this post. Should you try this recipe, let me know the results. As always, I love hearing from you.