Zucchini Carrot Fritters are an innovative way of feeding vegetables to picky eaters especially toddlers. They are also packed with nutrition.
Health benefits of Zucchini
Zucchini also known as Courgette is an outstanding source of manganese and vitamin C. Zucchini is the best source of dietary fiber that will keep your body in the best shape in the long run. It also contains vitamin A, magnesium, folate, potassium, copper and phosphorus. This fruit also has a high content of omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, niacin and protein. For more on the health benefits of Zucchini visit Organic Facts.
Health benefits of Carrots
Most of the benefits of carrots are attributed to their beta-carotene and fiber content. This root vegetable is also a good source of anti-oxidant agents. Furthermore, carrots are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B8, folate, potassium, iron, copper and manganese. For more information read Organic Facts.
This recipe was inspired by Just a Taste. Further, my 2 year old son’s refusal to eat vegetables forced me to find an innovative way to serve them. Let’s now get to the kitchen, shall we?
Ingredients for Zucchini Carrot Fritters:-
- 1 large carrot grated
- 1 large Zucchini grated
- 4 spring onion stalks with leaves chopped
- 2/3 of a cup brown wheat flour
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- Turmeric as required
- Black pepper as required
- Salt as required
- Vegetable oil as required
- Tomato sauce for serving
Process for Preparation of Zucchini Carrot Fritters:-
- Place the grated Zucchini in a coriander and sprinkle it lightly with salt. Let the Zucchini drain for about 10 minutes then squeeze out as much liquid as possible by pressing the zucchini fiber using a potato masher
- Transfer the Zucchini to a mixing bowl then add carrots, garlic, flour, egg, spring onions, salt, turmeric & black pepper. Stir the mixture until it is combined.
- Line a plate with paper towels. Place a large sauté pan over medium heat and liberally coat the bottom with oil. Once the oil is hot scoop 2 table spoons of the mixture into the pan, flattening it and slightly spacing them out to allow them to cook properly and to avoid them smudging against each other.
- Cook each Zucchini Carrot fritters until golden brown before flipping them on the other side.
- Transfer the Zucchini Carrot fritters to the paper towel lined plate, season them with salt and repeat the process with the remaining Zucchini Carrot mixture
- Serve the Zucchini Carrot fritters immediately topped with tomato sauce.
Here is to good health!